The Circle of Lemmings, also known as Quotev, has been identified by a number of PPCers as a source of Sueage most foul, rivaling even the Pit of Voles for the terrible quality of its fanfic.
The site appears to be aimed at exactly the demographic that produces the most Suefic. It allows writers to format their stories with a variety of fonts and colors, and to include images. Sunglasses are advised when setting foot within the Circle.
The Circle of Lemmings has been described by some as "Facebook for Suethors," since it sports numerous places to chat and socially interact with other writers, beyond private messaging and fic comments. The name also proves unusually apt, because a majority of the Sue-sludge is just the same set of character types recycled over and over again in different fics of varying degrees of eye-burning. Indeed, stepping into the Circle feels like stepping into the Pit of Voles in the days before the OFUs and the PPC.
Fics on the Circle often include character profiles in the very beginning (it's like getting a dossier on the Sue before the trainwreck) and links to online collage site Polyvore throughout the fic so the Sue can showcase her wardrobe without wasting her words on bad fashion descriptions.
Besides fanfiction, the Circle also hosts original fiction (usually not much better than the fanfiction) and quizzes, and the enigmatic "Build A Boyfriend" feature.
Annoyingly, the Circle uses a form of Nocopy to prevent visitors from highlighting and copying text. This would make the PPC's job rather difficult, but fortunately, intrepid Boarders have come up with several workarounds.
The Laws of Lemmings Edit
There are two laws to keep in mind when traversing the glittery muck that is the Circle, and they are:
- If it exists, its tag on the Circle of Lemmings has the worst fanfiction for it (only exceptions are fandoms without attractive male leads or that are too old or obscure for the average preteen/teenage fanbrat).
- For every Lemmings fic read, there will be another in the tag even worse than it.
It's a black hole of Sueness. Enter at your own risk.
External Links Edit
- November 2012 - News of the Circle of Lemmings reaches the Board:
- The PPC Infiltrates the Circle:
- "(Un)Intelligence: Wire Tap"
- Some of the DoI's reactions to the flood of new badfic leak onto the Board.