A crash dummy is an inflatable dummy that channels the Sueish spirit of first- or second-person fanfictions. With a dummy, PPC agents can enter such fics without being Sued. Each dummy starts off as a soft yellow cube bearing the instructions "Do not pull cord until in fic." The dummies come in "Me" and "You" varieties, one for first-person and the other for second-person. They are not very durable, so treat them with care.
To use a crash dummy, shove the dummy into the fic first, so that the Sue inhabits the dummy instead of an agent. Crash dummies can be assassinated just like normal Sues; upon death, they turn back into crash dummies and can be folded back into a cube. DoSAT does not take kindly to agents who destroy or lose crash dummies; agents are advised to use assassination strategies that leave the body intact and retrievable.
Use in MissionsEdit
- "All About You" (Pirates of the Caribbean), Agents Isaiah and Mara (DTE)
- See the PPC crash dummy in action for the first time!
- "The Fonic Crystals, the Sword, and the Assassins" (Tales of the Abyss), Agents Katrina and Samuel (DMS)
- Agent Katrina experiences what happens if you forget the crash dummy.
- "miley's story" (Torchwood), Agents Tasmin and Emma (DMS - Doctor Who/Torchwood)
- The crash dummy is used as a stand-in for multiple first-person POVs.
- "The Smasher" (Super Smash Bros.), Agents Derik and Earwig (DMS)
- The team is saved from being stuck in the Stu's head thanks to Earwig's tendency to acquire things.
- "All Hail the Ironic Overpower!" (Sherlock Holmes), Agents Kelok and Unger (APD - Sherlock Holmes)
- "Sweet Candy" (Harry Potter), Trainee Cadmar and Agent Luxury (DBS)
- Luxury forgets to check whether the fic is first-person during Cadmar's first Bad Slash mission.