- Yes, it was best to keep people as bouncy as Dawn at a safe distance, so that if they did go flamethrower mad they would at least be less likely to drag you down with them.
- — Edgar on Agent Dawn
- Please tell me she's not the model for her universe.
- — Clint Barton, SBEI
Dawn is a DMS agent, currently unpartnered, and is completely aware of the fact that she is written by Zingenmir. In fact, they tend to meet up and chat quite often. She is occasionally partnered temporarily with such agents as Brenda, Charlie, Edgar, and Agen____t. She also has a tendency to get the occasional misfiled mission, and will be the co-coordinator/PPC contact of the Avengersverse OFU when it gets started. Her surname is an Anglicized version of an Irish version of a Scottish Gaelic name that approximately means 'son of born of fire'. For simplicity, we'll say it just means 'born of fire' and move on.
Dawn has light brown hair and blue-green eyes, and is about 5'2" tall. She usually wears a black t-shirt with the DMS flash patch sewn to it with purple (or differently colored) thread, black jeans, and dull green hiking shoes. She occasionally wears very sparkly nail polish as well.
Dawn joined the PPC just after her fourteenth birthday, and hasn't seriously looked back since. She's been through a number of departments over the years. She began in the Department of Mary Sues, having first heard about the PPC due to Jay and Acacia (whom she idolized); upon realizing it wasn't a good fit, she requested a transfer and was eventually moved to the Department of Misplaced Flora and Fauna. She remained there for about a year and a half, and developed most of her insanity during that time. In 2009, she was transferred to the Department of Bad Slash; this, too, was a bad fit, and she requested a transfer yet again. This brought her to the Department of Intelligence, which she was quickly kicked out of.
Upon abandoning her short-lived career as a Spy, Dawn joined the Department of Geographical Aberrations, where she was partnered with a Vulcan named T'Zar. T'Zar proved a stabilizing influence on the newly-minted Pyro, and Dawn soon learned to trust and rely on her new partner. The two remained close even after Dawn's transfer back to the DMS in 2012, and were both more content for it.
At the start of Dawn's second term as an Assassin, she was partnered with Kozar, a TOS-era Klingon. She discovered that, at nineteen, she was now better suited to the role, and proceeded to actually get along reasonably well with her new partner. This lasted until nearly a year later, when Dawn acquired a tribble and refused to get rid of it. Kozar left for the DIC within the month. Dawn has yet to be assigned another permanent partner, although she was temporarily partnered with Zeb from August to October of 2015.
As of "Happy Idiot Talking" (July 2015), several new details about Dawn have been revealed:
- She has a sister named Nariel (birth name Me'ira), who is an OFUM graduate.
- She changed her name upon joining the PPC. Her birth name is Shakhar—the Hebrew for 'dawn'. It is currently unknown whether she changed her surname as well.
- Assorted details about her childhood and education prior to joining the PPC.
- December - Dawn joins the PPC, and is placed in the DMS.
- January/February - Dawn requests a transfer.
- March/April - Dawn is transferred to the DMFF.
- January - Dawn is transferred to the DBS. She requests a transfer soon after, which is eventually granted.
- May - Dawn is transferred to the DoI. She is summarily kicked out, and transferred to DOGA, where she is partnered with T'Zar.
- early - Dawn is transferred back to the DMS and partnered with Kozar.
- March 2 - Kozar is transferred to the DIC. Dawn remains unpartnered and in the DMS.
- April - Dawn is involved in the events of the Blackout, as detailed in The 'Verses Aim To Misbehave (link below).
- July - Dawn is called in by Kozar for an Eragon/Twilight crossover mission. She adopts Sam's pov and Tafe the mini-Badgermole.
- July - Dawn meets Des at Rudi's. They share several cups of tea and a long conversation.
- August - Dawn is temporarily partnered with Zeb.
- late August - Dawn Impresses Gwilithiel.
- October - Zeb is re-partnered with the Aviator, leaving Dawn partner-less once more.
- October (1 week later) - Dawn meets and works with the Notary and Wobbles the Clown.
While Dawn is currently partnerless, she does share her RC with two mini-Balrogs and a tribble (and, as of July 2015, Sam's pov and Tafe the mini-Badgermole). The tribble (name of Smorgaz) is a very normal tribble: it purrs, trills, and dislikes Klingons (the feeling is definitely mutual). The mini-Balrogs Kelaborn and Gladladriel are usually calm and wise. They are also overprotective of Dawn—she needs it. Or at least, they think she does. They may even be right.
Sam's pov is a very normal pov, in that it wanders around being cute and going 'snrf'. Tafe is the somewhat grumpy, no-nonsense sort.
Yet another addition to RC 18, as of late August 2015, is the golden fire-lizard Gwilithiel.
- Of Guilty Pleasures and Utter Tripe (Eragon/Twilight), with Kozar (DIC), and Kala Jeng and Valon Vance (DF)
- Kozar calls in his ex-partner and two canon experts for a crossover between two of the worst works defended by the PPC.
- Fishing For Competence (Doctor Who), with the Notary and Wobbles the Clown (DF)
- There's something fishy going on with Rose Tyler, and Dawn teams up with a Time Lady and a children's television presenter to sort it out.
Partnered with Zeb Edit
- A Temporary Arrangement (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- Dawn gets a temporary partner and explores a new canon.
- Happy Idiot Talk
- In which Dawn meets Des and silliness ensues.
- Helpless in the Face of Your Beauty
- Des and Dawn drink tea. Fluff ensues.
- The 'Verses Aim To Misbehave (Blackout interlude, in-progress)
- The story of how a Boarder ended up in HQ and Gotham's lampposts went missing (among other things).
- Arbitrary (Star Wars x Avatar: The Last Airbender), Agents Desdendelle and The Librarian
- The fic is arbitrary, the rest is not.
- Set soon after "Happy Idiot Talking."
Borderline or Non-canonical (April Fool's Day) Edit
- 'Blade', or "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." (April Fool's Day 2013 version of the mission for "Blade"), Agents Brenda Loringham and Charlotte Shoe (DMS)
- Agents Brenda Loringham and Charlie Shoe try their best not to kill each other while battling equipment failures and Laiqualassiel, the half-Elf, half-nymph healer of Middle-earth.
- (Featuring cameos by Agents Edgar and Dawn, over 3,000 words of silliness, and the story that wouldn’t end.)
- T'Zar's Reassignment (April Fool's Day 2014)
- Reality falls apart as Agents Abaddon and T'Zar take the Reader’s TARDIS for a joyride (to Gallifrey!) The Reader follows with the Disentangler and the Agent.
- The Carrot Juice Shop AU (April Fool's Day 2015)
- In which a new shop has opened up near the PPC, and everyone goes there.
- A Meeting At Rudi's (Borderline canonical)
- In which T’Zar talks about her latest mission and Dawn is confused.
- 'My Perfect Life', or "When I grow up I wanna be famous…" (April Fool's Day 2017. Rated T)
- An Arrowverse mission from an unusual perspective. Please read the content warning at the beginning.