|Age:||Described as a young man in TOS|
|Home Continuum:||Korea, Earth (Real World)|
|Response Center:||Under his workbench|
Makes-Things was born in Busan, South Korea.[source, please!] He was with the PPC longer than any other non-Flower, making gadgets for the Organisation, and then for the PPC. However, he is described as a young man at the time of the Original Series. His pet peeve is agents blowing his devices out on uncanon, and apparently can be quite frightening when this happens. Makes-Things is one of the few people in the PPC, if not the only one, to possess a sonic screwdriver.
He had an assistant named Fix-It, but since Fix-It's creator, Fireblade K'Chona, requested that no one else use him and has herself moved on, he is presumed retired. He gets on well with Tess, the department secretary.
While Makes-Things is known for being easily startled, terrified of the assassins in particular, and by no means a good field agent, that is hardly what he was hired for. Makes-Things' skill with machines and technology is nigh-on legendary in the PPC, as is his irritation when agents manage to thoroughly abuse his works. In particular, he shows an affinity for working with plothole technology and portals; his most notable work in that field was accidentally causing the plothole chain-reaction known as the Cascade and thus single-handedly creating a sizable chunk of HQ, and he later showed a special affinity for handling portal equipment, even after it had been exposed to prolonged Sue influence.
Makes-Things invented most of the technology agents now take for granted, such as the remote activator, the Canon and Character Analysis Devices, the combined CAD, and the DORKS, among others. Thankfully, he is also something of a pack rat and neat freak, keeping meticulous files and making incredibly detailed blueprints, which were a great help to his home department in overcoming the massive hurdle created by his death.
Death and Return Edit
When the League of Mary Sue Factories unleashed the Macrovirus Epidemic in March of 2008, Makes-Things duplicated TARDISes for the agents in the field. He remained behind when quarantine was declared, defending his lab from the viruses and actually managing to outright destroy one before being incapacitated. According to word of mouth, a Security Dandelion discovered his body and reported that he was stabbed through the heart.
The fact that no one witnessed the actual stabbing event led some agents, notably FicPsych's Head Nurse Suzine Sachs, to theorize that he was not really dead, just taking a well-earned vacation. The body was, of course, a decoy to throw any pesky agents off his trail. However, most of HQ mourned him for the better part of three years. In the wake of the perceived tragedy, he was given a memorial stone in New Caledonia, DoSAT was fitted with its new, tougher Makes-Things Memorial Blast Doors, and the Makes-Things Fund For Abused Technology was founded.
In 2011, however, Makes-Things was encountered by Agent Supernumerary in DoSAT, whole, hale, and thoroughly unconcerned by his supposed death. When questioned about it, he responded, "No! I think I would know if I was dead!" It is unknown whether he actually was dead and somehow resurrected, or if, as Nurse Suzine theorized, he simply vanished and later chose to return. Either way, he still doesn't like assassins and gets irritable when people damage his CADs.
According to Nyx Nightingale, in an encounter with a future incarnation of the DoSAT she was shown footage of Makes-Things' "escape from death" during the invasion. However, given who showed her this, this information may not be trustworthy.
- Throughout the Original Series, Agents Jay Thorntree and Acacia Byrd (DMS). In particular:
- "Lady of the Fellowship" (Lord of the Rings)
- Makes-Things' first (rather undignified) appearance.
- "Protector of the Ringbearer" (Lord of the Rings)
- "What Might Have Been" (Lord of the Rings)
- "Gwendolyn" (Lord of the Rings)
- "We Cannot Be" (Lord of the Rings)
- "Darkness Awakened" (Lord of the Rings x Star Wars)
- "Lady of the Fellowship" (Lord of the Rings)
- ↑ "Lady of the Fellowship" (Lord of the Rings), Agents Jay and Acacia (DMS)
- ↑ "Protector of the Ringbearer" (Lord of the Rings), Agents Jay and Acacia (DMS)
- ↑ "Of Pegacorns and Fluffy-sama" (Lord of the Rings), Agents Fireblade and Keitaro (DMS) with Agent Kali (DMS - Anime)
- ↑ "Tess' Backstory," with Agent Tess (DoSAT)
- ↑ "Plotholes and Meatloaf and Angels, Oh My!" (Blackout interlude), with Agents Christianne Shieh and Eledhwen Elerossiel (DMS)
- ↑ The Reorganisation, Chapter 20
- ↑ "The Last Hurrah" (DoSAT)
- ↑ "Fighting Emotions" (Narnia), Agents Tawaki Penguin and Melpomene (DTO)
- ↑ "Gestalt Therapy" (FicPsych)
- ↑ "PPC-HQ, Nouvelle Calédonie" (interlude), with Agent Tawaki (DTO)
- ↑ "One Tech's Nightmare" (interlude), with Agents Derik and Gall (DMS) and Techno-Dann (DoSAT)
- ↑ "The Makes-Things Fund For Abused Technology," with Agent Tyler
- ↑ "Ring Child" (Lord of the Rings x Harry Potter), Agents Nume and Ilraen (DIC) with Agents Suicide and Diocletian (DMS)
- ↑ "Ghost's Story"