The Medical Research Division of the Medical Department is mostly concerned with checking the quality and safety of various medical devices and pharmacopeia used in HQ. They are also responsible for coming up with vaccines and treatments for various illnesses which may plague HQ, and are known to have been involved in the recruitment and resurrection of Agent Suicide.
The division is headed by the Echinacea, who has a deputy, the Self-Heal. Mike Rudd is the department's lab manager. About 25 scientists make up the rest of the staff. It shares its labs with the DMSE&R.
During the Macrovirus Epidemic, the MRD/DMSE&R labs were quarantined, and extra personnel drafted to synthesize the cure.
- "An Announcement From Medical," The Multiverse Monitor, Issue Two (alternative link)
- First mention of the Echinacea, named as a "Medical Research Officer."
- "Bleeprin Derivatives: What Medical Doesn't Want You To Know," The Multiverse Monitor, Issue Four
- Names the Echinacea as "Head of Medical Research."
- "Let's Get Lost in HQ!", Agents Bill Fallis and Lori Starrett (DMSE&R)
- First mention of the division's location in HQ.
- "Gestalt Therapy"
- "Scenes from a Resurrection, or: The Road to Suicide"
- "Selective Hyperlustin Cascade Disorder, or Reason #43 not to kiss a Mary Sue"