A recruit is someone who has been convinced to join the PPC. Many recruits stumble across the PPC by accident, entering Headquarters through a plothole from World One or a canon world. A few, such as Techno-Dann, have learned about the PPC beforehand by responding to advertisements in World One. The PPC also obtains many recruits from missions, when active agents convince less Suvian OCs or background characters to join up rather than die with their fic. Agents Jay Thorntree and Acacia Byrd were the first to record such a recruitment in a mission, with Ranger during "Children of the Earth."
As these new agents are generally utter and complete newbies, they may receive some level of training. (Or they may not.) They are usually paired up with someone who is at least slightly more experienced, but this is not always the case. Sometimes two new recruits might be placed together for a variety of reasons; perhaps because there are no available experienced agents who can deal with a newbie, an accident involving paperwork, or the Marquis de Sod felt especially cruel and had it set up that way.
Regardless, recruits are not to be frightened off or driven completely mad at first, as the PPC is always in need of new agents.
Examples of Recruitment Edit
- "Children of the Earth" by Jay and Acacia, c. 2002
- Ranger is given the option to join the PPC when the agents discover they don't really have much of a charge list against him.
- "The Beginning" by Architeuthis, c. 2003
- Architeuthis describes how she was offered a job after reporting a Suefic to the PPC.
- "Techno-Dann's Backstory" by Delta Juliette, c. 2003
- Dann responds to a recruitment letter after reporting a Suefic.
- "Of Lawn Gnomes and Meatloaf" by Leelee, Meir Brin, and Saphie, Jul 21, 2003
- "Laurel" by NenyaQuende and Rosie, c. 2004
- "Surhat Roac's Rough Day" and "Roger Walters's Job Interview" by Lleu Llaw Gyffes, Jun 5, 2011