The Special Interdepartmental Elven Languages Unit (abbr. SIELU) is a division of the Department of Floaters designated especially to handle badfics whose problems aren't bad enough to warrant attention from the other overworked departments, but that are still guilty of mangling one or more of Middle-earth's Elven languages to the point of seriously disrupting the Elves.
The division and its original personnel were created by Hellga.
The entrance to SIELU is a bright red door just outside the entrance to the DMS. The door has taped to it a sheet of paper reading "PPC :: SIELU. Not sure? Don't come in!" in red marker. Behind the door is the Poison Ivy's office, which contains a wooden desk and another door to the right. This leads to SIELU proper, which has no other access from the outside. It's larger than the average response center, but one wall is taken up by the console and the others are covered by bookshelves packed with leather-bound volumes, dog-eared paperbacks, student notebooks with tea spilled on them, papyruses, parchment manuscripts, and other pieces of writing in various languages about, by, or vaguely related to Elves. It also contains a large desk and an armchair comfortable enough to sleep in.
In SIELU, it is standard procedure to contact badfic authors with concrit and an offer to help them improve. If the author is unrepentant, only then may a mission take place.
Special Equipment Edit
Agent Lambda, being a pharmacist in real life, used needles and tranquilizer guns filled with her own personal blend of narcotics.
Known Agents Edit
- Lambda is the original SIELU agent, and the only one to publish mission reports from the unit so far. She joined by answering an ad for "a calm person with a strong nervous system and endless patience."
- Emma Kaylan was a member of SIELU until her death in 2008.
Division Records Edit
Missions from this division are listed on the Complete List of PPC Fiction, Department of Floaters, Special Interdepartmental Elven Languages Unit.
- ↑ "An Idea," Silverwind, PPC Posting Board, Oct. 20, 2010
- ↑ SIELU Home by Hellga
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Defile Finrod's Name and Die!" (The Silmarillion), Agent Lambda (SIELU)
- ↑ "The Official PPC: SIELU Charge List" by Hellga
- ↑ "There Is No Miss Magic in Middle-earth" (Lord of the Rings), Agent Lambda (SIELU) with Agent Alec Troven (DI)
- ↑ Protectors of the Plot Continuum - Updates, archived on the Twisted Skein website